Top 5 Social Media Platforms for Your Small Businessadmin
Many small businesses do not have any idea how to promote their products and services via social media platforms, and the increasing digital channels out there that is flooding the internet in recent years is not exactly helping the situation. But it is definitely not wise to ignore these digital platforms as online sales have become a very lucrative business in recent years.
But a word of advice is, use these social media platforms as a way to interact with your community, and less of it as a tool for building up your content. You would also want to use them to engage your fans on a more personal level, making them see you as a person rather than a social media channel.
Here are the top 5 social media platforms for your small business. However, having 5 different profiles on various media platforms will not do you any good if you do not have time to manage them or update them regularly. My advice is to just focus on one or two platforms, and build a genuine community.
Top 5 Social Media Platforms Suitable for Small Businesses
(1) Pinterest – A visually simulating site that is mainly made up of female visitors, Pinterest has explored as a site for all things beautiful and creative, especially crafts, furniture and fashion. As such, it has also fuelled an increase in companies in the lifestyle and creative industries to host their products and services on this platform. A word of advice though, when you put up your products here, use a watermark to protect the image. And for your products to be searchable, use related keywords and an active link back to your official site. Adding a price tag to your description will also add your pin to the “Gifts” section, further boosting your visibility.
(2) Facebook – Needless to say, this should be your first priority, as having a Facebook business page for your brand should give you a reach out to more than 1 billion people and more. Just start by inviting your friends and family to “like” your page and start posting unique content that is related to your brand, and you are ready to go! And if you have spare cash, you might also like to spend a bit of Facebook ads as they are relatively cheap and targeted.
(3) Instagram – This is another visually appealing platform for any business with big, beautiful product pictures, as it showcases them in gallery-style. Do remember to use relevant hashtags so that it would attract the attention of like-minded individuals. Recently, it has opened up ads (done through Facebook’s advertising platform) so you might also like to explore a bit here as this ad platform is expected to become huge by early 2016.
(4) Snapchat – I’ve previously talk about whether you should jump onto Snapchat. For businesses whose target audience are mainly teenagers or young people, this could be a platform to consider as it is still new with many areas to explore.
(5) WordPress – I particularly like the WordPress platform because you can introduce yourself or your brand, put up your products or services, and even capitalize on the platform by using advertising networks like Google AdSense, BuySellAds or more.
There are definitely more social media platforms out there such as Twitter, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Quora, but just pick those that you are comfortable with and leverage on them successfully.
Contact us for a chat using the form below – we’ll be able to offer some tips on how to use social media to increase your revenue.